Sunday 25 March 2012

Letter by Tina Yu from Minsheng Junior High School


Dear friend from Stormont House school:
Hello! My name is Tina Yu. Nice to meet you. I’m a seven grader from Minsheng Junior High
School.
Here are my answers to your questions:
1. Q: What type of food do you like?
A: We eat all kinds of food, like rice, noodles, bread, milk, fruit, vegetables, pizza.
  1. Q: How do you travel around your city?
    A: Some of us take buses, taxis, the MRT to travel around our city, some of us travel around our city in the parents’ car.
  2. Q: What lessons do you do in schools?
    A: We have Chinese, English, PE, Math, Music, Health Education, Art, Biology, Geography, History, Performing Arts, Civic Education, Scout Education, Home Economics, counseling and career planning, Community activities, and club activities in school.
  3. Q: Do you like English football?
    A: I know what English football is, but I have never watched a whole game, and I don’t know a lot (maybe I should say little) about its rules.
  4. Q: What do you do in your spare times?
    A: I read novels, watch movies, or go for an outing or exercise in my spare times. 

    6. Q: Do you have a lot of technology in your schools? 
    A: Yes, we have computer class room, there are TVs in all seven grade classrooms, and there are projectors in all eight grade classrooms.
     7. Q: What are your houses like?  
      A: My family live in an apartment. There is a living room, three bedrooms, a dining room, a kitchen, two 
         bathrooms and a balcony. My grandma grows some plants on the balcony. 
 
  1. Q: What are your cities like?
    A: I live in Taipei city. Living in my community is very convenient. There are a lot of trees and parks in Minsheng Community. Walk along the streets, and you can see trees all the way. We also have a lot of restaurants, convenience stores, and clinics.
  2. Q: Do you play any sports?
    A: Yes, I swim, run, play tennis, play basketball, roller-skating, and baseball

And I have some questions for you:
  1. What are “ICT”, “The Globe”, “The Tate”, and “rhubarb”?
  2. What do you learn in “Religious education”, “Food Technology”, “Design Technology”,
    “Graphics”, and “PSHCE”?
  3. Can you show me a picture of “solar dome”, “rhubarb”
  4. I know the “rowing” word mean “rowing the boat”, but you say your hobby is “indoor
    rowing”, where are you rowing? In the swim pool? Can you show me the picture?
  5. In your “Foods We Like” you say you are not allowed to bring in food from home, is there a
    rule for all school in U.K., or just your school?
  6. Do you play any sports?
  7. What are your favorite movies and novels?
  8. What do you do in your spare times?
  9. What are “flats”, and “maisonettes” different? Can you show me the pictures?
I know I have a lot of questions, and thank you for answering me those questions!!! I hope I can get your letter soon!!! Good Bye~
Tina Yu

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.